Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day

Odd feeling as I write a check to the government and think of all our trillions that have gone to bail out the financials on such a mind numbing scale. God forbid I'm off by a few "thou", as the call will come from a troglodyte at the IRS who couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him two letters. The irony though, is that tax cheat Timmy Geithner's signature will be on the letterhead. God I love the irony.

White House: U.S. to release some stress test details

Stress tests to be completed in early May in a 'systemic' way, says Gibbs

Loving the above headline from Marketwatch. My Translation: we will choreograph this as best we can, have early spin management from our friends in the mainstream media, and even though these results are layered in gray matter, lies, half truths and with the extreme use of smoke and mirrors, we will convince you, the stupid shareholder/taxpayer that things are just swell.

My evenings last week on my knees in the surf at sunset praying to the Gods to make me less jaded and cynical have obviously fallen on deaf ears. I believe none of this rhetoric nor do I believe the idiots that run my government. I do believe in one thing--the whim and desire of the market, and right now it wants to be higher. My stops during the day are tighter than a camel's ass in a sandstorm as this could turn lower on a dime. I traded some MDR today and some AXP from the long side and did fine, especilaly on AXP later in the day. I was short a little too, via some SRS and SPG and FAZ, they were very much short term rentals. It was my first day back in a week so I traded real small so I could get my legs back.

I may be back later. Hope you had a great day.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.