Friday, February 29, 2008

Update on CHNR,NOC,CHL

Wednesday night I put out three stocks. Two of the three exploded higher today in a lousy market. CHNR I have had out since around $22 but my Wednesday update called for a breakout through $26. Today it was a nickel shy of tagging $29 on triple the average volume. This one can go when it gets legs. Watch for a follow through Monday or a possible pullback buy. I still like it to the low to mid $30's.

I also mentioned NOC and for those who left at the close you will be happy to know they landed a $40 billion dollar contract from the Air Force after the close. The stock is showing up $4 in the after market. As a pair trade I don't have a big problem being short BA and long NOC.

CHL ,
the third name, gave a little up but I still like the name with a little better market.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.