Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Dollar And Interest Rates

One of two things happen with the fed on Wednesday, a 25 basis point cut or no cut at all. My bet is 25 but the bigger picture to me is not the cut or how much but how the market is going to react. It will probably be the last cut for a very long time at least until-they start raising rates again? My call here is that it will be the beginning of the rally in the dollar and an end, at least for now,in the rally in commodity prices. The money flow by institutions is already showing a big move into financials and I think technology will be next. In any case I am watching these sectors for shorting opportunities in the coming weeks:
OIL
GOLD
COPPER
SILVER
FERTILIZERS

I will try and give specific recommendations on how I will play these sectors on the short side over the weekend. I still believe the market is overbought and we could easily pull back 500 points by way of a correction, but we will have to watch how it plays out.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.