Sunday, April 13, 2008

Watch The Greenback This Week

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I thought the G-7 meetings would help strengthen the dollar. There is a lot of gas and rhetoric shooting around and it may be very short lived, but futures traders may cover some of their greenback short bets just in case it gains traction. If the dollar rallies it could hurt the commodity space a bit, mainly gold oil and copper.PCU is still one I would like to get long so I will be watching closely to see how it pans out.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.