Friday, May 2, 2008

Futures Higher

I am watching the dollar here as it really is the benchmark for me in the stocks I like to short. The financials look like they are going to extend yesterdays gains and everybody seems giddy this morning. I don't really trust the giddiness and will be watching carefully for opportunities long or short. Gold and oil are getting a slight bounce here this morning and we will see if the move can stick. I will be looking to reload on the short side on rallies.

A couple of names I am watching that have been acting very well are:

JRJC- right here looks good as long as volume is strong

EJ-posted yesterday ,and a move over the mid 18's could set it on fire

I won't chase financials here

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.