Monday, June 9, 2008

How About Those Financials?

The financials were horrible today and I finally covered my UYG short, I don't want to stay around for the scraps. If they go any lower the whole market is screwed anyway. I was long some USX and POT and did well there. Keep an eye on AKS as it looks like it wants to break out big time as it came on very strong towards the end of the day. Interesting how LEH traded to the deal price to the penny.

Oil dropped about $4 and the greenback caught a rally. What's up with solar? The group didn't impress me after about 10 am on Friday. If they can't make hay when the sun is shining, then when?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.