Friday, June 6, 2008

I Beg To Differ, Oil Wasn't Going Up 10 Points A Day Then

From the boys at Bespoke-

« Triple Crown and Stocks: The Big Brown Sell Off? | Main | Dow -3% Days »

Looking Forward to Monday?

It's not often that people look forward to Mondays, but based on one piece of market analysis, it could be a lot better than today. With the S&P 500 currently down 1.88%, the index is set to have been up more than 1.5% yesterday and down more than 1.5% today. Over the last 50 years, this has happened just 30 other times. The average change following these 2-day whirlwinds has been 0.14% on the following day and 0.56% over the following week. During the current bull market (since 10/9/02), the occurrence has happened 5 times, and the index has been up more than 1.2% the next day every time for an average change of 2.17%. Looking at today's declines, Monday can't get here quick enough.

Spx606

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.