Friday, July 18, 2008

Choppy

It was harder today than yesterday that's for sure. Hope you guys did well. I came out a little ahead, but I felt like I was pushing it at times. I was short the same sectors like fertilizers and coal, but never got the downward thrusts I was looking for. It was my best week in about six months and I am going into the weekend feeling pretty good. Many of the energy bulls are now bears, so next week will be interesting to see if oil unravels or runs higher yet again. The coal and steel sectors have also been massacred, so it will interesting to see if they catch bids. I also think the financials are ahead of themselves in here.By the way, "short only" hedge funds were up 7% for June. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the surf now to try and catch a striper with upside jr.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.