Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Morning Look

X had a real nice number this morning and it's up $10 in pre market. It's pushing the group higher and the coal stocks are jumping in as well. The financials look like they will rally here too. Maybe a turnaround Tuesday is setting up. I'm watching the agricultural sector as a possible short play. MOS is down about $5 here and I'm just wondering how this group will play out. Their charts are very suspect here. I will move fast if they look like they are going to cave. They can surprise you and turn fast so be careful.

I don't see the financial rally lasting-just my gut.

4 comments:

timo4sho said...

Hey,

just wanted to ask you where you get your info on the pre-market movers? Being in Germany, I am not too familiar with all the websites in the US. Maybe you could provide your source(s) ;-)

Greatly appreciated and keep up the great work!

Timo

upsidetrader said...

hey timo

i am usually at my screen at 6am so i see alot of info, but two site that will help you with pre and aftermarket are breifing.com and nasdaq.com--also the free data center at wall str. journal online

timo4sho said...

Thanks a lot man! On Briefing.com, do you have a subscription or is it free? I somehow can not find it.

Thanks for the other sites ... checking them out today prior to US open ;-)

Timo

upsidetrader said...

breifing.com not briefing.com its free

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.