Thursday, July 17, 2008

Up and Away-So Far

JP Morgan reported and even though profits fell over 50% the stock and the finacials are indicating higher.Oil is off a buck and the $SPX is up about 15 handles. I have some UYG that I kept overnight and I will dump most or all of it on strength early on. I think the very easy money has been made in the financials, you just don't get 20% moves everyday. You can still make money here, you just have to be more skillful. I will be watching the short term charts today for entries and sales, shorts and longs, as usual. I still have my eye on the energy patch today as potential short term shorting ideas. You know the names. I will be back with ideas and of course I will do my best to twitter some of my moves. Good luck guys.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.