Thursday, August 7, 2008

AIG , WMT and The Jets

Well the analysts were looking for $31 billion in revenues for the quarter and they came in at $11.8 billion. Again, I want to thank the analyst community for the miss. How much do they pay these guys? The value added is just over the top. Yesterday I posted the absurdity of a buy and a sell on AIG on the same day by two different firms. I'll never get it.

Where will the agriculture stocks go today? I had luck long the sector yesterday but today could be the opposite. Watching MOS, and POT.

And the Jets get Brett Favre. We'll still go 9-7 but it should be interesting. Our receivers can't catch his juice.

WMT could cause problems for retail today. I'm still short RTH. The stimulus checks have now worn off, so I expect the true colors to shine for all of the retailers. Ugly.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.