Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Continuation Lower

October 8, 2008 6:26 A.M.ET
BULLETIN

Bears maul global markets
Stocks around the world skid; Tokyo falls 9.4%, strong yen a factor

That's the headline this morning over ar Marketwatch. The Nikkei is down 10%, and the rest of the world is following suit.

What seems to be finding its way into the heart and soul of the market is that this crisis is not "just" a financial crisis and the reality is that the problem is embedding itself into other industries,and countries as a whole. The ripple affect is just scary.

Let's watch 9000 and see if we get some help there. If the Fed does anything today it will need to be on the order of 75 to 100 bips and even then I think it will only be good for a temporary rally. If you are short, don"t forget your stops because the rally will be vicious. It will be man against machine and you will never beat a black box to the buy button.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.