Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Presidential Debate Tonight and Economic Data Today

Futures are down but off their worst levels after reports from KO and JPM.

Wednesday's session will feature a flurry of economic releases, including retail sales for September, wholesale prices for September, a New York-area manufacturing poll for October, business inventories for August and the Fed's Beige Book of economic anecdotes.
Most of the data is due for release at 8:30 a.m. Eastern, with inventories at 10 a.m. and the Beige Book at 2 p.m.

I'm sure today will promise to be another roller coaster as the market tries to figure out where it wants to go.

Roubini is at it again with more gloom. Check out this brief piece with video at Clusterstock.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.