Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bailout Part 2

The auto debate is gathering steam and Congress will meet next week to decide its fate. Autos, banks and brokers are dropping like flies in this environment. Is all of this the beginning of the end or just the end of the beginning? I still think we could have 2000 DOW points to go on the down side. The ripple effect just seems endless.

Futures are catching a bid and oil is trading under the $60 handle. Paulson gives a bailout update at 10:30 this morning. American Express is asking the government for $3.5 billion, PRU has cut its dividend by 50% and Swiss Life has cut guidance and canceled it stock buyback. It just feels to me like the wheels are falling off the cart.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.