Monday, December 29, 2008

Geopolitical Uncertainty Trade Kicking In

Oil and gold are rallying from tensions in the mid east, while at the same time oil companies are bidding for storage capacity, not a long term bullish sign for the Texas Tea.

It should be a fairly thin week, I think most of the year end portfolio maneuvering is finished but there may still be some jockeying for position as we approach the New Year.

ROH is getting spanked off the DOW news and the arbs are getting massacred there. DOW will be one to keep an eye on going forward.

This will be a week of extreme preparations for me as I put together some thoughts for the new year and my trading will be very light, unless of course the market can catch some volatility. By the way I did a post last night on TG's blog if you missed it. Have a great day.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.