Monday, April 6, 2009

Playing Offense With Some Defense

I don't know if these names were one day wonders or if there are more good things to come. Certainly they had a nice day today. The charts look pretty nice and volume has certainly been picking up. I wouldn't chase, but they should be on your radar. I traded RTN for a nice gain but really didn't do much else and it was my lowest volume day in a year. Mike Mayo came out negative on the financials and he is a respected name, but Meredith Whitney, who spoke later on CNBC didn't seem as near term negative, although she did say be careful after the financials report earnings. I agree with her thinking and her timing in that regard and think the shorts will be spectacular.

The bulls pulled a stealth rally today and the day goes to the bulls I think, even though the market closed down.


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.