Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DCR update

My loyal reader Chuck e-mailed me last night and brought an interesting fact to my attention. If oil closes above $111 per barrel for 3 consecutive days the etf terminates and resets. I do remember reading something about this months ago but it slipped my mind. In my note last night I said that I was looking for entry prices and had not pulled the trigger yet. Bottom line,and based on this new information, the best way to play the actual commodity short if you are so inclined is to short USO. I would rather play it safe than sorry and frankly until this trade shows that it is topping out I will avoid for now anyway. It could be a real beauty on the short side when we time it right though. I want to thank Chuck for the awesome input.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.