Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Earnings

The ag/fert plays had their correction,long overdue in my book. Letting some air out is always a healthy thing. I believe POT reports before the open and it should be a barn burner either way, probably a 15 pointer in either direction. Apple was crazy on the report as it immediately ran about 10 points up and then gave it all back. Starbucks (sbux) was dreadful and they reported that it was the worst quarter by the consumer ever. Amazon wasn't that bad, but it initially got knocked around in the after market. Oil took a breather and gold doesn't want to have anything to do with the weak dollar. Odd. I don't think the correction in the fertilizers is a major shift, but it is a group that needs to be watched closely. Hope you had a good one and see you in the morning. I'll be back pre market with some thoughts

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.