Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Morning

Futures are up slightly off some decent Walmart results and the Dow chemical buyout of Rohm and Haas. On the other side of the equation it really looks like Fannie and Freddie will need a government bailout. What a mess. Before you get excited about retail numbers, you all know I think the consumer is "finito," understand that June is clearance month for retail and July, August is the true tell according to my gal Kristen over at the talented blond.
I am looking for more shorts in the financials today. I will be back if I see anything.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.