Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CPI and Euopean GDP

Both numbers come out in the morning.A real soft number out of Europe should rally our dollar against the Euro which could take some of the steam out of today's commodity rally.We would also need a non inflationary CPI number here. Tomorrow cold be a real rip as there are many possibilities and many moving parts. No matter the outcome, I see further pain for the financials. Watch the shippers, big reversal today, curious to see if they were one day wonders. Today was the first uptick in about 26 days on the Baltic Dry Shipping Index. Big whoop, let's see what they do tomorrow.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.