Monday, October 27, 2008

The Bottom That Isn't There

Here we go again as world markets continue to take a pounding. Chatter that the Fed will come in and fire its last broken arrow by cutting further. I posted back in February that we could see a zero interest rate environment like Japan in the early 90's. I believe further cuts will be met with fear and grim realization, not joy and happiness.

The 2002 and 2003 lows are getting closer, and maybe that's the level we need to reach before we can see an "all clear" signal. Getting late in the game to short aggressively but there are still names I like to that end. See you on twitter and good luck. The bottom callers should be out in force again. Where's Ned Reilly?

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.