Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Freakin Halloween

My costume this year was borrowed from Roubini, it was no surprise that he had sixteen of them hanging in his closet. Odd fella that Nouriel. Japan cut their key rate to essentially zero overnight and it was greeted with a 500 point down move. It looks to me that we are right behind Japan in the race to a zero interest rate scenario. Not good at all.

On the economics calendar, personal income and the PCE core deflator for September, the Chicago manufacturing PMI for October and the University of Michigan's consumer confidence for October will be released.

More bullish action later? It should be a kick today.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.