Friday, November 7, 2008

Mid Day Look

The market has been chopping around so far this morning and trading is quite challenging. It feels to me that every time it wants to make a meaningful move in either direction it just stops and fails.

President Elect Obama will be speaking soon and I do think the market is ready to do something substantial, I just don't know the direction. How non committal can I be? It seems that every time President Bush has had a microphone in recent weeks and months the market has imploded. That goes for Bernanke and Paulson as well. Lets see how the market greets Obama. Can't be worse--or can it? Don't touch that dial. Otherwise very slow.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.