Thursday, March 5, 2009

Timmy Takes the Hill-Again

Timbo grabs the "mike" again and I wonder if some clarity will emerge after his-what? sixth attempt? As we get closer to the results of the stress tests, Geithner should be hitting the front pages more and more. I'm sure the same items will be discussed, and the politicos are up early getting ready for more face time. I read yesterday that early results could be dismal and that perhaps another $700 to $800 billion could be required for the big four banks. Not neccessarily a big surprise, but it will be interesting to see the reaction. Maybe it's baked in at this point, maybe not. I still believe at the end of the day we still could see full blown nationalism for the big four as the Treasury will finally realize that band aids on cancer don't work. Under that scenario there will be "no bid" so "don't ask."

The market is giving back yesterday's weak rally as the S&P futures are lower by about 12 points. Maybe the lower open will yield a rally later on. Good luck today, see you on twitter.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a former hedge fund manager, broker and capital markets dude who now trades for his own account. I love what I do. I will try to post some stocks and an occasional chart that looks attractive for entry.I will also try to point out the idiocy of conventional wisdom and the lack of value added by the mainstream financial media. These postings should not be viewed as recommendations.